5 Things an Attorney Would Do if Stopped for DUI
We are often asked what we would do if we were stopped for suspicion of DUI. Not that it would happen, but…if one of our team were to be stopped by police under the suspicion of driving a vehicle while under the influence, these are the 5 things that we would do.
- We would request an attorney immediately, and have the officer note the exact time of the request.
This one is easy. We would call the DUI Helpline in Grand Rapids at 616-541-6134 and get legal advice immediately.
- We would refuse to answer ANY questions (Other than giving your full name and address).
- We would produce requested documents for the officer. And we would be very polite and cordial even if the officer does not exhibit the same temperament.
- We would refuse ALL field sobriety tests.
- We would refuse a breath/blood/urine test (Unless we were certain of being under the legal limit)